Спойлеры, реклама и ссылки на другие сайты в чате запрещены

Наш опрос

По-вашему, восьмой сезон будет...
Всего ответов: 2033

Советуем присмотреться

Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · FAQ · Поиск · RSS ]
Модератор форума: alslaf, kahlan  
Форум » Общий » Пресса » Журнальный столик (англоязычные критические статьи по Хаусу)
Журнальный столик
alslafДата: Воскресенье, 09.11.2008, 18:21 | Сообщение # 1
Бозли
Награды: 0

Статус: Offline
Идея появилась давно. Статьи публикуются разрозненно в новостном блоке. Там особо не по обсуждаешь. В рамках библиотеки открывается журнальный столик, где мы все вместе соберем статьи мадам (?) Барнетт и мистера Хэндлина и обсудим их. smile

MarishkaMДата: Понедельник, 21.05.2012, 23:04 | Сообщение # 226
Иммунолог

Quote (Ginger82)
Hugh Laurie: When did you first realize that you needed to come to me on bended knee, begging for me to work with you?
David Shore: When you came to me, begging to work for me.

класс! hands
забавное какое интервью! biggrin
это надо бы в переводы smile

… врут, восклицая «Я этого не переживу!». Врут, когда клянутся «Без тебя я умру». Они умирают и живут дальше. А у тех, кто упорствует и оборачивается, отчаянно болит шея…© Korvinna (2012) Феникс безвыходно

gallinaДата: Понедельник, 21.05.2012, 23:21 | Сообщение # 227
Иммунолог

Статья обозревателя "Los Angeles Times" (легкие спойлеры о касте финальной серии):

Critic's Notebook: Farewell to 'House,' which remained true to itself

Time takes a toll on us all, no more so than characters of long-running TV shows. All narrative demands transformation of one sort of another and multiple seasons of revelations, realizations and shifting relationships work like the pounding surf against rock, softening the edges of even the most complicated personalities. By the final season of “MASH,” everyone was a good guy; it took only three seasons of “Glee” to turn Sue Sylvester into an applauding fan of New Directions.

So, as we prepare for the series finale, it is worth pausing for a moment to salute the people behind “House,” namely creator David Shore and actor Hugh Laurie, two maestros who have pulled off a near-miraculous feat: After eight long and occasionally crazy seasons, their title character departs with all his amazing faculties and flaws intact.

Dr. Gregory House is arguably the best and certainly the most influential character to appear on network television in the last decade. As played by Laurie, he answered the question many of us ask ourselves daily: What would life be like if you honest to God didn't care what anyone thought of you? Loosely based on Sherlock Holmes, House was brilliant and clearly broken (both physically and emotionally). He saved lives by solving cases, but his satisfaction came from the solution, not the salvation. “Everybody lies” was his mantra, proving it his life's work — the truth would out, no matter what the cost to him, to his patients, to those around him.

In the wake of the show’s success, that template became standard issue; every other TV detective (including a modern relaunch of Holmes himself on BBC) now comes equipped with a special ability to detect mendacity and a broken heart protectively rimed. But eight years ago, it was quite breathtaking; House was as instantly iconic as Tony Soprano.

Along with the limp, the Vicodin addiction and the refusal to shave, Shore and his writers wisely gave their medical detective a quick, black humor, which made Laurie an inspired casting choice. An accomplished comedian and musician, he not only nailed the punch lines and the pain, he infused them with an ecstatic soulfulness. House may have been an avowed atheist, but there were times when he looked like nothing so much as a hollow-eyed prophet, wandering the halls of Princeton Memorial waiting for the gods to speak.

Not every season of “House” worked as well as others. Chances were taken, with cast and story, and not all of them panned out. And there was a certain level of degeneration built in to both the genre and the character; even Arthur Conan Doyle famously got tired of all the brilliant deductions. More so than most shows, “House” often seemed to rest almost entirely on the strength of its main character, and one wondered just how long Laurie, and those writing for him, could keep things going.

Eight seasons, as it turns out, was just right. It isn't often that a show's final year is as good as its first, but it's true in this case, even with the rather crazy jail time (House in the big house) that opened things.

The final arc, which concludes along with the show on Monday, has been especially affecting — House's best friend, Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) learns he has terminal cancer, and watching the two men figure out how to cope, separately and together, has made for great television. Despite the rather predictable drama of this final twist — in a show about life and death, the killing off a major character is always tempting — Shore and his writers refuse to make House someone he's not.

Alone, perhaps, among television leads, House is neither good nor bad, and it isn't really accurate to say that he's a bit of both. Rather, he exists in a place outside good and bad, or at least their conventional definitions, a moral satellite that allowed the show to explore the big questions in ways that rarely seemed forced or silly. That distance was also the character's greatest strength — without the blinders of sentiment or judgment he does see things more clearly than others — and his greatest flaw; empathy is not always a hindrance and knowledge is not our only power.

Even in the face of loss from which there is no escape, neither the character nor the show surrenders to sentiment. Of course there is much wrapping up to be done and the final episode includes appearances from past characters, including a couple who are dead. House, like most of the current characters on the show, will end up in a different place in his life than where he began. But if, over the years, he has made certain admissions, learned certain truths, he is, essentially, unchanged.
After eight seasons and more than 160 episodes, he is just as unpredictable and unclassifiable, just as seductive and fascinating, as he was when he began.

Mary McNamara

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtra....lf.html

I LOVE PEOPLE © Hugh Laurie

You, people, make me sick! © Home improvement

Сообщение отредактировал gallina - Понедельник, 21.05.2012, 23:29

milaNistaДата: Понедельник, 21.05.2012, 23:26 | Сообщение # 228
Иммунолог

Ginger82, спасибо! flowers

yahnisДата: Вторник, 22.05.2012, 01:42 | Сообщение # 229
Иммунолог

http://www.tampabay.com/features/media/article1231124.ece
Is it life or death for Gregory House in Fox series finale?

For fans of quality television, it may be the most important question of all.

How do you know when it's time for a long-running TV series to call it a day, already?

The question arises as Fox's House prepares to ride into the sunset tonight after nearly eight years on air, concluding its story of a tortured, misanthropic doctor who tackles cases like a medical Sherlock Holmes with a two-hour finale.

The final episode's title, "Everybody Dies," calls back to the premiere episode "Everybody Lies," while also serving as a perfect summation of lead character Gregory House's sunny attitude.

Producers won't say much about what happens in tonight's finale, beyond noting the return of Allison Cameron (Jennifer Morrison), Remy "Thirteen" Hadley (Olivia Wilde) and the doctor who killed himself, Lawrence Kutner (Kal Penn). The first hour, "Swan Song," is a retrospective on the past eight seasons, with "Everybody Dies" as the hourlong final finale.

Count me among those former fans who felt this show should have shuffled off the schedule a few years ago.

I once incensed a friend (okay, he was former Tampa Bay Times metro columnist Howard Troxler) by showing him how, years ago, the medical stories on House were so formulaic you could set your watch by the symptoms patients endured (a seizure by 15 minutes in; bloody vomit by 30 minutes in; a life-threatening cure that won't work by 40 to 45 minutes in; actual cure by 10 minutes before the episode's end).

Thankfully, the show has gotten better. Still, as the most compelling part of the series also got outlandish — consummating House's long-standing flirtation with rigid boss Dr. Lisa Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein) in an awkward romance which ended when cost-cutting forced the show to eliminate her character — there were fewer reasons to tune in each week.

Series star Hugh Laurie, who earns a reported $700,000 per episode molding his British tones into House's angular American bark, gave a different reason for the show's ending on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross.

"The character is so inherently self-destructive to the point of being virtually suicidal, that a fictional character cannot sustain that suicidal tension indefinitely," Laurie told Gross. "You can't have a man on a window ledge threatening to jump forever. At some point, he's got to jump or get back into the building, because the crowd below — who are either urging him to jump or not jump — eventually will lose interest."

Laurie has a point. House is such an extreme antihero, even in a TV universe filled with them, that keeping him entertaining while pushing the boundaries of his pathology for 177 episodes was nothing short of a miracle.

U.S. television could take a hint from the Brits, who often limit their most popular series to bursts of three, four or five seasons, walking away from even popular series such as the original version of The Office after three seasons.

Instead, American television milks a popular show until one of three things brings it down: a lack of creative ideas, a drop in the ratings, or escalating costs. Or, sometimes, all three at once.

That, for example, is what killed ABC's Desperate Housewives, a show that started as a cultural phenomenon and finished its run last week with so little buzz some critics were asking in finale stories, "Who still watches Desperate Housewives?"

But Laurie promised the Associated Press that House's finale would have no such saving graces. "Is he gonna step forward or step back?" said the actor of the episode, which features House treating a drug-addicted patient. "Is it life or is it death? I can say no more than that."

The only thing it really can't be, given Gregory House's acerbic legacy, is boring or sentimental.

Добавлено (22.05.2012, 01:42)
---------------------------------------------
Hugh Laurie discusses House finale

Hugh Laurie insists House fans won't judge the show on how they "execute the last 30 seconds".

The British actor has starred as Dr Gregory House in the hit TV series since 2004. The show is finishing after eight seasons and Hugh hasn't thought too much into its ending. In the final episode, House evaluates his life while treating a fellow drug addict.

The 52-year-old star thinks audiences will be just as retrospective about the show as a whole.

"I don't think one judges an entire eight years based on how we execute the last 30 seconds. The eight years we've done will be the eight years we've done whether or not people are disappointed or satisfied by the last episode," he told ET Online.

"House makes the point himself that he would be doing a great disservice to his patients if he operated...in pain. The physical pain he endures was a greater obstacle to the practice of his art than the drugs he took. That's a simple enough argument and it's one that I accepted."

Hugh still takes interest in the Fox show's subject matter. He has the greatest respect for real-life doctors.

"I still think of the essential medical mystery that's at the core of all these stories... [as] immensely satisfying," he explained. "The hope that there are people who can explain the world...is a very comforting, satisfying one and I still delight in that."

© Cover Media

More from the Belfast Tel

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/enterta....XirH6PQ

Ramon: Faith is not a disease.
House: No, of course not. On the other hand, it is communicable, and it kills a lot of people.

Ginger82Дата: Вторник, 22.05.2012, 02:06 | Сообщение # 230
Иммунолог

'House' Cast, Crew on the Last Day of Shooting, Show's Final Image and What They'll Miss Most
David Shore, Hugh Laurie, Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard and others reminisce to THR about their time on the Fox medical drama.

After eight seasons and more than 175 episodes, Fox's House will diagnose its final patient before saying goodbye for good.

“It’s done. I can’t believe it’s been eight years and I mean that in all the possible senses I can imagine of that," series creator David Shore told The Hollywood Reporter at the House series wrap party in downtown L.A. "It feels like it’s only been a couple. I feel like I’ve been living with this my whole life and I can’t believe it’s eight years, most fundamentally in the sense that how the hell did it last eight years?”

Shore, executive producer Russel Friend, stars Hugh Laurie, Omar Epps and Robert Sean Leonard were among those who took time out to reflect on the medical drama's long run, highlighting what they'll miss most and giving a glimpse into what the final image of the finale -- titled "Everybody Dies" and includes some familiar faces -- may be.

The Final Day

Shore: “It was bittersweet. I kept going around, ‘Oh my god, it’s my last time here'. That room won’t exist in a few hours. They’re knocking stuff down right, left and center. There’s not a lot of sentimentality in this town. They need those stages.”
Laurie: “Right from the first day, you know it’s inevitable. It’s going to come at some point. On the first day, we thought it would come on the seventh day because shows don’t last this long. They’re not supposed to. We feel, I think, if I had to describe for everybody. I think it’s a feeling of sorrow that it’s over but also immense pride that we’ve done what we’ve done and these are shows we can look back on or have to look back on. Maybe we’ll be sitting in a hotel room in Iowa 10 years from now and we’ll go, ‘Oh yeah, I vaguely remember that.’ I hope we will continue to feel proud of it. I wouldn’t swap it for anything."
Friend: “We were [on set]. All of us came down for set. It was very emotional. It was really weird. We always clap out when there’s a guest star’s last day of the episode. Obviously we’ve never done that for Hugh and this was Hugh’s last day and we had to clap out Hugh Laurie and it was very strange.”
Epps: "My final day was emotional for some people, but it was great for me. I feel thankful to have been present through this whole journey. I was present in that moment; all good things come to end so it was going to happen."

The Series' Finale/Last Image

Laurie: "I hope [the final image] will be satisfying. I believe it is a very wonderful twist to the story. Of course, I don't know if we've done it right or whether we've executed it right. I hope we have. I'm still slightly reeling from it. I believe that people will be satisfied by it. It's not going to be one of those things that's just a sudden poof, it's gone.This is more ambitious than that."
Shore: “The writers sat down months ago when it was starting to look like – even before [it was] defined – we were getting to the point where we as a writing group had to figure out how it was going to end or we were going to be screwed if it was going to end. We sat down and bandied around a bunch of ideas and a bunch of thoughts and came with one that we liked and felt true to the series and true to the character.”
Epps: "The last image that you see of Forman, that people will see, I feel really good about it. I can't give it away."
Friend: "I think [the final image of the show] will be very satisfying, yeah. I can't say [what it is,] it's a big secret. I was really pleased with what David [Shore] came up with with the ending."

What They'll Miss Most

Laurie: "I suspect it will hit at the strangest times. I’ll be driving and suddenly I’m hit by it. 'I’m never going to do that again, I’m never going to see that place, see that person again.' This is the cycle of life."
Epps: "The banter between Forman and House. They had their own little chemistry and Hugh and I had a blast at living that chemistry between those two characters."
Leonard: "There have been a lot of great people that I enjoyed seeing every morning. I like the crew, I like Hugh. It's been a very lucky job for me and I'll miss it. It's always fun to play scenes with Hugh Laurie and I hope one day we play them as different characters than these. That was one of the great pluses."

Favorite Episodes

Friend: "We did this one episode where Hugh has to crawl under a collapsed building and cut off a woman’s leg to save her life. It was an incredible moment character-wise. It was late and the whole thing felt so real. When we crawled back out, because we had built this tiny set, there were crew members with tears in their eyes."

The Series' Evolution

Shore: “We kept doing what we wanted to do. We didn’t go, ‘Ok, we have to try new things'. We tried new things because we wanted to try new things. We told all the stories we wanted to tell and hopefully found an audience. And if we didn’t find an audience, I would have been fine too. It wouldn’t have been as good, but it would’ve been fine.”
Epps: "I feel fulfilled. It was a great journey for the character [Eric Forman] from where he started to where he ended up. It was a full life, if you will."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-fe....-327302

Robert Sean Leonard - he's a man I would put my life in his hands, and almost have on occasion (с) H. Laurie

Сообщение отредактировал Ginger82 - Вторник, 22.05.2012, 02:10

kotofyrДата: Вторник, 22.05.2012, 12:39 | Сообщение # 231
Ловец слов
Награды: 1

Still Lying: How "House" Ended The Series

It would not be true to the spirit of House to get all sappy at the end – the show didn’t and there’s no reason for us to either. Most of the series’ last hour seemed bizarrely off, not like House at all as he sat in a burning building, visited by the ghosts and hallucinations of friends, employees and cast members past, apparently suicidal enough to stay there. Was Hugh Laurie’s House ever so passive before?

I’m not saying I saw the twist coming, (and if you haven’t seen the finale, read the rest of this later), just that the off-kilter scenario seemed a lame, atypical way for the series to end. Sure enough, House had one final, delicious last-minute trick that did a lot to redeem the wrong-headed fiery plot leading up to it.

The clue came early on, pre-fire, when House’s team wondered why he was taking on a new case just as Wilson was dying and House himself was about be dragged back to prison for violating parole. “Didn’t you ever see Dead Poets Society?”House said, “Carpe Diem!” -- a wry reference to one of Robert Sean Leonard’s first films.

Wilson’s cancer and impending death gave the series’ recent weeks great heart and impetus. Like so many series without a future, House came through with some of its strongest episodes near the end. And it was great to see Leonard as Wilson given a great run; sometimes it seemed that years went by when Wilson had nothing to do except sit in the cafeteria while House stole bites of his lunch.

Wilson was again a near-bystander in the final hour, though, as House follows his last patient, an unapologetic addict uncomfortably and all too obviously mirroring House, to an empty warehouse to score heroine. Somehow House wakes up to find the patient dead and the building in flames.

Among others, the ghosts of Kutner (Kal Penn) and a hallucination of Cameron (Jennifer Morrison) appear, talking House through his suicidal decision. Cameron urges him to give in, to let go of all the pain just as Wilson decided to forget cancer treatment and enjoy the five months he had left. Really? An indecisive House? Just as unconvincing, he decides he can change and heads for the door, just in time for Wilson and Foreman to see the roof collapse on him.

It was a lovely funeral; Warren Zevon’s “Keep Me In Your Heart For a While” playing in the background sounded like a touching way for the series to go out. . . . but . . . there was a text to Wilson, and then House sitting on a stoop having faked his own death so he could help Wilson enjoy his remaining time. (And avoid prison himself, by the way. Even to the end, House may be emotional and caring but never uncomplicated about it.)

The series’ true ending saw House and Wilson riding motorcycles off into the sun, with the song “Enjoy Yourself (It’s Later than You Think)” in the background – not as poetic as carpe diem, but it circled back well enough and ended the series on a more upbeat note. “Everybody Dies,” as the episode was titled -- except we didn’t have to watch as anybody really did.

Like Sherlock Holmes, who inspired the character, House seemed to have only one friend; he said so himself. But that wasn’t entirely true. Near the end there’s a great image of a smile on Foreman’s (Omar Epps) face, when he realizes that House is alive. The fake death is not only pure Holmes; it’s a sign of House’s friendship that he cares enough to let Foreman know, and trusts that he’ll get the clue House planted.

The dry-eyed sendoff started with a behind the scenes retrospective narrated by Laurie in his genuine British-accented voice. Better than most homages, this one didn’t take itself too seriously. Why did people around the world like this harsh, cranky, miserable human being, Laurie asked the show’s creator, David Shore, who answered. “Your blue eyes.” Actually, that’s a pretty good answer; no argument here.

But Laurie is also a dazzling comedian as well as dramatic actor – elements that combined perfectly in House. Laurie’s sharp-edged wit and sense of just how to use it allowed House to seem charming in all his manipulation and self-destruction. And the series ended as it began, with the hard truth that Everybody Lies. No show ever took that tough idea to heart -- or faced its rock-bottom cultural truth – as much as House. That’s another reason the series was so powerful; its implicit plea for honesty in the face of inevitable lies hit a nerve in our age of “truthiness.”

Last week Laurie's old partner Stephen Fry tweeted the suggestion that they would team up again soon -- and later revealed that they will do the voices for an animated version of The Canterville Ghost. That’s far from a Bit of Fry and Laurie or Jeeves and Wooster reunion, but I’ll take it. It’s good news for once and future fans of Laurie the wit, who will still, always and wonderfully, be the lying, lovable House.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/carynjames/houseseriesfinale

yahnisДата: Пятница, 25.05.2012, 17:49 | Сообщение # 232
Иммунолог

House Comes to an End: Creator David Shore Answers Our Burning FinaleQuestions
May 22, 2012 03:11 PM ET
by Adam Bryant

House finale: So, did "Everybody" die?

Although it seemed like a suicidal House (Hugh Laurie) was trapped in a burning warehouse just before it exploded, it turned out that the good doctor escaped his fiery fate and faked his death in order to avoid a jail sentence and, more importantly, be there for cancer-stricken Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) during his final five months.

It was as close to a happy ending as one could possibly expect from House, but was it always planned that way? We chatted with series creator David Shore about the finale, its parade of guest stars (Amber! Kutner! Stacy!) and House's final epiphany. Plus: Just what kind of trouble might House and Wilson get up to on those motorcycles?

You started plotting this ending around January, right?
David Shore: We came up with this idea and it still wasn't defined whether this was the last season or not and we had a semi-backup plan. But you can't work on two shows at once. We had to decide which show we were doing: Season 8 or the final season. Ultimately, I made the decision that I couldn't allow it to drag out any longer and we proceeded with it.

So this was always the end of the cancer arc you planned for Wilson?
Shore: This finale was part and parcel with what we mapped out. Wilson has cancer. House deals with it well, House deals with it badly, and both of them reach a level of acceptance at different times. Pretty early on we knew it was going to be House debating "How am I going to deal with this?" and ultimately doing what he did.

At that point, did you know he would be debating it with hallucinations of former cast members?
Shore: I liked the idea in general, but a big part of it was that it gave us an opportunity to do what so many shows do at the end, which is have all the other people come back from the past. But this was having them come back in a very different way. As we started to write it, we started discussing which people from past shows it should be. There were certain availability issues, although really not a lot. [We had] four of them come back, including two that were dead, and discuss with House the value of his life in different contexts.

Did you ever consider not doing that because so many other shows do parade the old familiar faces in for the series send-off?

Shore: We never want to do anything exactly like [someone else]. But it's all about execution. I don't want to do an idea because somebody else did it, but I also don't want to reject it because somebody else did it. I do reject it if we're just repeating what they did, but if we find a different way to approach something, I am more than happy to do it. I think that's what we had here.

Did you worry that having almost every major character back would make it more glaring that Lisa Edelstein's Cuddy was missing?
Shore: I don't want to go into it too much. I did want her back. That's all I'm going to say.

Tell me about House's big epiphany before he strides toward the exit. The show has always sort of suggested that people don't change, yet it seems House wants to try.
Shore: That's exactly right. I don't know that House can change, and I don't know that he needs to change. But the recognition, the striving for change, the striving to constantly be better in spite of our nature, which doesn't make it easy, is one of the thing that keeps us human.

Do you think it's possible for someone with a bad limp to escape that quickly out the back door of a burning building? Dramatic license?
Shore: With the fire and that explosion and the timing and what you actually saw and what you didn't see, it was certainly intended to make the audience believe it's going to be very, very difficult for him to get out. The collapse was supposed to be possibly on him [or] possibly in front of him. It certainly would have been tricky for him to get out, but we don't have a full understanding of the geography of the interior. It was supposed to be almost impossible, but possible.

How did you land on having House fake his death?
Shore: We always like having a little twist. We don't want to make things straight-ahead. We don't want it miserable, we don't want it happy. We thought of all sorts of things, but then we started talking about this. The text message, to me, was the moment where I was like, "Oh yeah, that's good." That still tickles me.

It also echoed your inspiration for House, Sherlock Holmes.
Shore: We didn't sit together as a group of writers and think "How did Conan Doyle deal with Holmes?" We thought of ideas and then we had the idea that he's dead but he's not dead for Wilson's sake. I instantly realized that the faking death is exactly what Conan Doyle did with Holmes, which was just another reason to do it.

You've said that "bittersweet" was the best we'd get from the finale, though it seemed a little sweeter than I expected.
Shore: We're bordering on that. But one of those two guys on the motorcycle has five months to live. I know it's a cliché, but it's House and Wilson riding off into the sunset almost literally. That is a cliché, but the fact is, Wilson is dying. I like the fact that we're doing that while he's dying. And it's just House again assessing, "What's important here? And what do I need to do to achieve that?"

Did you ever consider writing Wilson's death into the finale?
Shore: Yes we did, but not that seriously because then it would have been an episode about Wilson. Now, Wilson motivates what happens in this episode and Wilson is a huge part of what happens in this episode. But this is an episode about House assessing his life and his choices, which I think makes sense as a final episode.

Do you have the epilogue mapped out in your mind? How do you think House will react when Wilson ultimately dies?
Shore: The story is the story and the story ends where the story ends where the story ends. I do like the fact that we're leaving the audience with something to fill in for themselves. I just wanted to think about House and Wilson on the road.

Was it important for you to have Wilson finally stand up to House and not reward his bad behavior?
Shore: This season was about consequence. House lost Cuddy. He went to jail. We spoke to a lot of lawyers about that and he wound up serving way more time than a person would have in that circumstance. That was him accepting the consequence. He's certainly a man who's paid a huge price personally. He's not physically healthy and he's not happy. And he's paid a huge price to pursue what he wants to pursue, which is solving puzzles.

What kind of puzzles do you think he will look for since he can't practice medicine?
Shore: Who knows what will happen, but he is giving up a lot. Although he didn't have a choice at the end, he is giving something up to spend time with Wilson.

I liked the montage of the original team members at the end.
Shore: It is the end of the series and they were an important part of the series. We wanted to leave the audience with where they are now and what's in their future.

Does Foreman (Omar Epps) realize in that last moment that House is still alive?
Shore: It was House saying to Foreman saying, "Don't worry, I'm OK."

What do you think the legacy of this show will be?
Shore: I'm proud of the show and everything we did. I'm proud that we did 177 episodes very well. Not all equally well, but we did 177 episodes that I'm proud of. In terms of legacy, that was there almost from the beginning. That character and what that character stands for — the pursuit of truth — I'm so honored and lucky to be able to put that in front of millions of people and make people think a little bit.

http://www.tvguide.com/News....78.aspx

Добавлено (25.05.2012, 17:49)
---------------------------------------------
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/enterta....le.html

‘House’: Did you like theseries finale?
Fox, House — posted by halboedeker on May, 22 2012 10:00 AM
Discuss This: Comments(14) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

Hugh Laurie in the series finale of 'House.' Photo credit: Adam Taylor/Fox

Dr. Gregory House is now history. But did he leave in a way you want to remember him?
If you haven’t watched the “House” series finale that aired Monday on Fox, here’s your warning that I will discuss the plot.

I had wandered away from TV’s crankiest doctor this season, but I wanted to look back in on House (Hugh Laurie) once more. The finale forced House, who was in a burning building, to examine his life.

He got prodding from visions of memorable characters. They included the dead — Kutner (Kal Penn) and Amber (Anne Dudek) — as well as the living, notably former love Stacy (Sela Ward). Jennifer Morrison of “Once Upon a Time” returned to savor poignant moments as Cameron, but there was no Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein), which was a shame.

Would House get up and leave the building? The finale initially suggested that House had died in the fire.

But at House’s memorial service, we learned otherwise. Most mourners praised the demanding, overbearing House. But best pal Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard) was brutally honest. Those comments, unfortunately, were cut short by a phone call from … House.

House had faked his death — by switching dental records — to escape prison and spend time with the dying Wilson.

The finale was sentimental, far-fetched and unworthy of House. Wilson’s lacerating comments were in keeping with “House” in its prime.

House: No, of course not. On the other hand, it is communicable, and it kills a lot of people.

gallinaДата: Пятница, 25.05.2012, 22:23 | Сообщение # 233
Иммунолог

Burning down the House - what a way to go for Hugh Laurie's misfit medic

The last ever episode of the hit medical show is seared into the memory, but will fans wish they could forget? Stella Papamichael performs the autopsy

Time of death: 11:00pm, Thursday 24 May 2012.

The last ever episode of the hugely successful medical series House went out in a blaze of glory last night. Literally. The building was on fire, flames licking at the feet of Hugh Laurie’s misfit medic while he wrestled with the meaning of his life.

But the fire wasn’t followed by a flood of emotion as some had hoped and many more will have feared. Unlike the usual hospital soaps, House has always been and remains (forever immortalised now) the antidote to sentimentality.

Instead, House was probed and dissected by his own demons, personified by old colleagues including Kal Penn and Jennifer Morrison in a trippy twist on an increasingly surreal final series. Admittedly, at times it all got a bit too weird.

And where was Cuddy? The woman who, arguably, had the most profound influence on House’s life was notable by her absence.

The standard formula – revolving around the treatment of a single patient – was observed, but did millions around the world really tune in each week to find out whether the pleuropulmonary blastoma was actually a case of fibrosing mediastinitis?

Negative. The treatment of physiological trauma never mattered as much as the psychological examination, the mind games that House played with those closest in a desperate attempt to complete a pattern – to prove beyond doubt that ‘everybody lies’ – and justify his lonely existence.

In this context, the fiery turmoil imagery did work. House had created his own hell on earth. The best we could hope for was that, finally, he would prove himself wrong about humanity and – because presumably Lisa Edelstein wasn’t available for the final series – cement his ‘bromance’ with Dr Wilson. “I’m not gonna say ‘I love you’,” he assured Wilson, last week.

Thank goodness for that!

Everybody knows that actions speak louder than words and House performed his greatest romantic gesture yet, making the ultimate sacrifice for his old pal by killing his career. It wasn't what you might have expected for a show titled ‘Everybody Dies’, though for a minute, it did look like we were headed for a flat-line – a banal funeral scene to end it all.

But then, a genius stroke at the last minute! It was as if creator David Shore pulled out the defibrillator paddles and brought the flagging spirit of House back to life with a stunt that perfectly captured the man’s sheer audacity, sick sense of humour and, yes, love for his fellow man. (Wilson, that is.)

House faking his death also chimes with Shore's original inspiration for the pairing - the stories of Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson - echoing that famous scene where the great detective goes over the edge at Reichenbach Falls.

Wilson's cancer storyline shoehorned into the last few episodes was pushing things a bit far, but it did pay off in the end without tears or man hugs and the wheeling out of the old deathbed cliché. Instead, there was leather, the thrum of motorcycle engines between their legs and the open road. Sans sunset, of course.

Even if Cuddy couldn’t be bothered to turn up for the funeral (charming!), a sense of faith was restored in a series that was, like the man himself, getting a bit rickety. It was both emotionally satisfying and anatomically correct to discover, in the final analysis, that House did have a fully functioning cardiovascular system.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news....t-medic

gallinaДата: Вторник, 05.06.2012, 21:41 | Сообщение # 234
Иммунолог

ТВ-обзор Барбары Барнетт серии 8х14 "Love is Blind

ТВ-обзор Барбары Барнетт серии 8х16 "Gut Check"

ТВ-обзор Барбары Барнетт серии 8х19 "С-word"

Критический обзор эпизода 8х14 (Love Is Blind) от Зака Хэндлена

Критический обзор эпизода 8х15 (Blowing The Whistle) от Зака Хэндлена

Критический обзор эпизода 8х16 (Gut Check) от Зака Хэндлена

Обзор Зака Хэндлина эпизода 8х17 “We Need The Eggs” (англ)
http://www.avclub.com/articles/we-need-the-eggs,72153/

Критический обзор эпизода 8х18 (Body And Soul) от Зака Хэндлена

Обзор Зака Хэндлина эпизода 8х19 “ The C Word” (англ)
http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-cword,72857/

Обзор Зака Хэндлина эпизода 8х21 “Holding On” (англ)
http://www.avclub.com/articles/holding-on,73637/

Обзор Зака Хэндлина эпизода 8х22 “Everybody Dies” (англ)
http://www.avclub.com/articles/everybody-dies,74015/

yahnisДата: Понедельник, 11.06.2012, 22:34 | Сообщение # 235
Иммунолог

House's OMG Moments!

http://www.eonline.com/photos/gallery.jsp?galleryUUID=5034

drebezgiДата: Среда, 04.07.2012, 18:18 | Сообщение # 236
Иммунолог

итальянское что-то. может, кому интересно? http://www.comingsoon.it/SerieTV....y=14832

Работай головой! 2593!!!

gallinaДата: Вторник, 23.10.2012, 11:30 | Сообщение # 237
Иммунолог

Интервью ведущих актеров "Хауса" о сериале. Признаться не очень поняла, компиляция это уже известного, или действительно интервью. Но некоторые вещи показались мне новыми:

http://www.thisisfakediy.co.uk/article....acobson

Ginger82Дата: Вторник, 23.10.2012, 11:35 | Сообщение # 238
Иммунолог

Quote (gallina)
Признаться не очень поняла, компиляция это уже известного, или действительно интервью. Но некоторые вещи показались мне новыми:

Мы вчера с Шепой долго не могли понять, настоящее оно (меня как-то название сайта настораживает) или компиляция именно потому, что прозвучало довольно много нового для меня wink

Robert Sean Leonard - he's a man I would put my life in his hands, and almost have on occasion (с) H. Laurie

Сообщение отредактировал Ginger82 - Вторник, 23.10.2012, 11:36

gallinaДата: Вторник, 23.10.2012, 11:47 | Сообщение # 239
Иммунолог

Quote (Ginger82)
(меня как-то название сайта настораживает)

Название странное, но журнал серьезный - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_Fake_DIY

Ginger82Дата: Вторник, 23.10.2012, 11:50 | Сообщение # 240
Иммунолог

Quote (gallina)
Название странное, но журнал серьезный

smile Это замечательно, если так, потому что материал довольно большой, не отписка на два предложения happy

Форум » Общий » Пресса » Журнальный столик (англоязычные критические статьи по Хаусу)
Поиск:

Форма входа

Наш баннер

Друзья сайта

Smallville/Смолвиль
    Звёздные врата: Атлантида | StarGate Atlantis - Лучший сайт сериала.
    Анатомия Грей - Русский Фан-Сайт

House-MD.net.ru © 2007 - 2009

Данный проект является некоммерческим, поэтому авторы не несут никакой материальной выгоды. Все используемые аудиовизуальные материалы, размещенные на сайте, являются собственностью их изготовителя (владельца прав) и охраняются Законом РФ "Об авторском праве и смежных правах", а также международными правовыми конвенциями. Эти материалы предназначены только для ознакомления - для прочих целей Вы должны купить лицензионную запись. Если Вы оставляете у себя в каком-либо виде эти аудиовизуальные материалы, но не приобретаете соответствующую лицензионную запись - Вы нарушаете законы об Интеллектуальной собственности и Авторском праве, что может повлечь за собой преследование по соответствующим статьям существующего законодательства.