Спойлеры, реклама и ссылки на другие сайты в чате запрещены

Наш опрос

По-вашему, восьмой сезон будет...
Всего ответов: 2033

Советуем присмотреться

Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · FAQ · Поиск · RSS ]
Модератор форума: alslaf, kahlan  
Форум » Общий » Пресса » Журнальный столик (англоязычные критические статьи по Хаусу)
Журнальный столик
alslafДата: Воскресенье, 09.11.2008, 18:21 | Сообщение # 1
Бозли
Награды: 0

Статус: Offline
Идея появилась давно. Статьи публикуются разрозненно в новостном блоке. Там особо не по обсуждаешь. В рамках библиотеки открывается журнальный столик, где мы все вместе соберем статьи мадам (?) Барнетт и мистера Хэндлина и обсудим их. smile

MarishkaMДата: Воскресенье, 22.04.2012, 12:17 | Сообщение # 196
Иммунолог

перенесено из "интернет-прессы"

CAST OF “HOUSE” CELEBRATES FINAL SHOW TAPING
– April 21, 2012

(REUTERS – 21ST APRIL) The cast and crew of “House,” the popular American network TV series about a surly but well-meaning medical doctor played by British actor Hugh Laurie, celebrated its successful 8-season run Friday (April 20), at the wrap party for the series’ final episode taping.

Laurie joined castmates Robert Sean Leonard, Omar Epps, Odette Annable and Amber Tamblyn for the red carpet event in downtown Los Angeles, to pose for photos and share stories of the eight seasons of success, which Laurie did not anticipate when filming the first few episodes.

“I often remark that the first season we did the show, I literally did not unpack my suitcase. I thought that any day, the phone would ring and I’d be on a plane back to England,” said Laurie.

“I cannot believe that eight years have gone by, it’s sort of an amazing thing. It doesn’t happen, well, you know how rare it is, these things do not happen in an actor’s life and I can’t believe that I’m standing here looking back on that amount of time, that number of shows, that amount of stuff that amount of stuff that we’ve done. It’s incredible.”

продолжение здесь: http://www.alalamiatv.com/news/?p=4534

The doctor is out: After eight seasons, Hugh Laurie and cast say farewell to 'House' at series finale wrap party
It has been one of the biggest U.S. television hits of the past few years and made a Stateside star out of British actor Hugh Laurie.

But was time for the cast of House to bid farewell to the hit medical whodunnit show last night as they stepped out onto the red carpet for the series wrap party.

There were no tears for star Hugh, but he admitted it had been emotional saying goodbye to the series after nearly eight years.
продолжение - Dailymail внимание: В СТАТЬЕ ЕСТЬ СПОЙЛЕРЫ

… врут, восклицая «Я этого не переживу!». Врут, когда клянутся «Без тебя я умру». Они умирают и живут дальше. А у тех, кто упорствует и оборачивается, отчаянно болит шея…© Korvinna (2012) Феникс безвыходно

Ginger82Дата: Вторник, 15.05.2012, 22:58 | Сообщение # 197
Иммунолог

Канадцы о сериале к его окончанию.

The doctor is out. House ends run after eight seasons as TV medicine's Sherlock Holmes
By Alex Strachan, Postmedia News May 15, 2012

Time will tell if Hugh Laurie's spare, lean and vigorous performance as Dr. Gregory House M.D. for eight seasons in the eponymous, improbable TV hit House will be as memorable to this generation as Robert Young was as Marcus Welby, M.D. to the previous.

There has always been a place for medicine on television, dating back to Dr. Kildare and Ben Casey in the 1960s, and continuing through St. Elsewhere - starring one Howie Mandel - and Trapper John, M.D. in the 1980s and ER in the '90s.

Television itself has changed, though, and with it, the way we consume television. It's difficult to remember now but when House premiered on Nov. 16, 2004, the network television business itself was facing an economic crisis. Rising production costs, falling advertising revenue, the evolution of the Internet and the emergence of hundreds of cable channels, all competing for viewers' attention, instilled a kind of mass panic in the executive board suites at the major networks. Cancellation decisions were made hastily, and reality TV - inexpensive to produce, and ideally suited for advertisers and product placement - became all the rage.

House opened to good reviews, but terrible ratings. It came within a whisker of being declared dead-on-arrival. And then, in one of those strange twists of fate and design that can't quite be explained - even now, eight years later - its parent network, Fox, moved it in midseason to a new night and time, Tuesdays, immediately following American Idol.

Incredible as it sounds today, House, one of the most tightly written, carefully plotted scripted network series of the past decade, owes its life to a reality-TV show.

Idol was in its heyday, the most-watched program on TV at the time. Incredibly, viewers - possibly Idol fans trying to get through on the phone - stayed glued to the same channel, and they found themselves mystified, then captivated by the cranky doctor with a brusque bedside manner and a knack for solving seemingly impossible medical problems.

By the time House ended its first season, in May 2005, the self-contained series about a brilliant diagnostician and self-loathing misanthrope was the 24th most-watched program on TV, and ranked in the Top 10 - ninth - among women.

Later that summer, House's Canadian-born creator, head writer and executive producer, David Shore, won the Emmy for outstanding writing for a drama series. Laurie earned the first of six Emmy nominations in seven years for lead actor. The following season, House vaulted into the Top 10 in the U.S. Nielsen ratings. It hit its peak in its third year, with an average 19.4 million viewers. To put that in perspective - today - the most-watched programs on U.S. TV the week of April 30 to May 6 were NCIS, with 17.5 million viewers, followed by American Idol, with 16.6 million, and Dancing with the Stars, with 16.2 million.

The numbers don't tell the whole story, of course, of how and why House became as popular as it did.

Shore and his producer-writers Paul Attanasio and Katie Jacobs took a basic, time-tested concept - the relationship between Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson in Arthur Conan Doyle's classic Sherlock Holmes tales - and updated it to present day, by changing the setting to a teaching hospital in the university town of Princeton, N.J., with the irascible Dr. House filling in as Holmes and the forgiving, ever-patient Dr. James Wilson as Watson. Holmesian murder mysteries became medical mysteries, with the brilliant, self-loathing House performing a kind of mental gymnastics while Wilson, played with quiet understatement by Robert Sean Leonard, played the part of spotter, the person who was always expected to have House's back, no matter how much he mistreated his friends.

As a series, House followed a strict formula from week to week. And while it may have seemed as formulaic in later seasons as CSI and Criminal Minds are in a bad year, House kept the audience's attention and held many viewers because, deep down, at its heart, it was first and foremost a character study, with the medical mysteries operating on the periphery - in the same way readers avidly read Conan Doyle's Holmes mysteries, not to get to the bottom of the Red-Headed League but to see how Holmes was going to behave next.

House's detractors often accused the series of being predictable, but it succeeded as long as it did because it shattered all the preconceptions. It took a number of established TV trends - self-contained episodes with clearly defined endings; a dysfunctional workplace, complicated by workplace relationships; life and death situations; an emphasis on ordinary, everyday people desperately seeking a saviour - and through a combination of deft writing, accomplished acting and a crisp, fast-paced sense of urgency, created that rarest of TV phenomena: a TV show people actually wanted to watch, and didn't feel badly about having done so afterwards.

As more than a few viewers noted of Dr. House: Wouldn't want to have a beer with him. Would really want to be treated by him, especially if faced with a life-threatening ailment.

It all ends Monday.
© Copyright © Postmedia News
http://www.canada.com/entertainment/doctor/6625047/story.html

Robert Sean Leonard - he's a man I would put my life in his hands, and almost have on occasion (с) H. Laurie

kotofyrДата: Среда, 16.05.2012, 14:44 | Сообщение # 198
Ловец слов
Награды: 1

Осыпают Лори комплиментами:

Chuck Barney: Hugh Laurie set to make one last 'House' call

An odd bit of swag arrived via mail the other day, courtesy of the Fox network. Sandwiched between two heavy chunks of acrylic glass was a dark slice of film, no wider than a Post-it note. It was a commemorative X-ray from the set of "House," the landmark medical series that pulls the plug on its eight-year run Monday night.

When I held the film up to the light, I couldn't tell exactly what I was looking at (a femur? a clavicle?), but I silently gave props to the Fox publicists for their promotional creativity.

At the same time, I felt so not worthy. "House," after all, had ceased being appointment television for me in recent years. And though I continued to occasionally check in on the series, I was too often turned off by plots that felt formulaic and contrived.

One thing for which I never lost respect, however, was the scintillating performance of Hugh Laurie as the show's complete jerk of a title character, Dr. Gregory House. These days, we may take for granted both the actor and the grumpy M.D. he played. But when they arrived on the scene in 2004, they were a startling revelation.

Yes, the so-called antihero had already infiltrated cable TV. Tony Soprano ("The Sopranos") began his reign of bloody mayhem in 1999, soon to be followed by rogue cop Vic Mackey ("The Shield"), tortured firefighter Tommy Gavin ("Rescue Me") and ruthless saloon owner Al Swearengen ("Deadwood"), all of whom wallowed in their own brand of darkness
Advertisement
and dysfunction.

But network television, which craves larger audiences, was different. You simply didn't build a show around a highly flawed and essentially unlikable lead character. You wanted someone with wide appeal, someone viewers could sympathize with and root for.

And that was especially true in the medical genre, where kindly, upright citizens such as Marcus Welby set the tone so many years ago. TV doctors were like gods who held the fate of their patients in their hands. A good bedside manner was vital.

But the cantankerous House took a scalpel to the stereotype and cut it to shreds. Here was a pill-popping medical genius who was indifferent to his patients, snubbed authority and was downright nasty to his fellow physicians, including his only real friend, Dr. Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard).

Viewers were shocked. But they were also mesmerized. By its second season, "House" was a Top 10 show.

And our misanthropic doc accomplished it all without the flashy, sensationalistic methods deployed by other irredeemable TV types. Instead of guns and fists, he used brainpower. Instead of violently destroying all obstacles in his path, he solved problems and fixed people. He was the thinking man's antihero.

It helped that creator David Shore was savvy enough to combine two of TV's most enduring figures -- doctor and detective -- into one man at a time when procedural dramas were all the rage. Viewers always love a good mystery. "House" was the "CSI" of medical shows, and its leading man the brilliant Sherlock Holmes of physicians.

But it never would have worked if Laurie, a British import, hadn't possessed the remarkable skill set to pull it off. A lesser actor would have turned House into a dismal cardboard figure, free of intriguing wrinkles. Laurie brought feeling and nuance to the role.

He could convey so much with just a blink, a wince, a smirk, or a crack of the voice. And he led us to believe that somewhere under that gruff and tough exterior was a truly soft heart.

You just needed a really a high-quality X-ray machine to detect it.

http://www.mercurynews.com/enterta....ne-last

Сообщение отредактировал kotofyr - Среда, 16.05.2012, 14:47

Ginger82Дата: Четверг, 17.05.2012, 21:07 | Сообщение # 199
Иммунолог

The Washington Post об надвигающемся финале.
Какие правильные слова в конце! happy

‘House’ to end 8 seasons of painful recognition with Hugh Laurie’s pill-popping medical sleuth

By Frazier Moore, Associated Press

NEW YORK — It will be painful saying goodbye to “House.”

The Fox medical drama concludes its eight-season run Monday with a series finale at 9 p.m. EDT, preceded by a one-hour retrospective. And with that, Hugh Laurie will be done as the show’s abrasive champion, Dr. Gregory House — unless, Laurie adds with a laugh, “someone comes up with an idea for a stage musical.”

“I feel a huge satisfaction that we got to the end with our dignity intact,” he declares. “I never felt that we did anything that wasn’t true to the character or the show — like, ‘House gets a puppy.’ I think that’s quite an achievement.”

No doubt. Sure, the medical mysteries that formed the core of most episodes inevitably grew a bit formulaic as the seasons piled up. (Didn’t each week’s patient always seem to start bleeding from a different orifice, bafflingly and life-threateningly, right on cue before each commercial break?)

But if the rhythm of the investigation began to feel over-familiar, House never did. On the contrary: He is only more complex, obstreperous and fascinating.

Not that he didn’t start with a bang right from the series’ inception in November 2004: Here was a brilliant diagnostician with a snide manner, a limp and a cane, a stash of painkillers and a perpetual stubble. He flouted regulations, ducked cases that bored him and kept things stirred up as a not-so-merry prankster.

He was conceived as a contemporary Sherlock Holmes. Like that fictional 19th-century sleuth, House is indifferent to those he is helping, focused instead — with cool deduction and uncanny intuition — on the challenging nature of the mysteries that plague them.

Both men play musical instruments, take drugs (House is hooked on Vicodin, while Holmes has a thing for cocaine), and both have trusty sidekicks: Holmes’ Dr. John Watson and House’s Dr. James Wilson, his best and probably only friend, played with quirky forbearance by Robert Sean Leonard.

But the Holmes connection has never been the most interesting thing about “House.”

More impressive was how “House” put a difficult, largely unpleasant figure front and center as the hero of a TV series.

“Traditionally in an American drama, the damaged, sarcastic cynic would be a peripheral character,” notes Laurie, who signed with the show thinking House would be just that. “To make someone so apparently jagged and unsympathetic into the central character was a very bold step. And so was clinging to that premise, never relenting to suggest that, underneath it all, he has a heart of gold. I’m not sure that House does have a heart of gold. He is on the side of the angels, but that doesn’t mean that he’s an angel.”

And there was even more to the brave House recipe: the pain he endured.

Perhaps no TV protagonist has been imprinted so profoundly by a physical affliction. Walking with a limp, his cane supporting his bum right leg, House is constantly hurting. Pain is part of his persona. And the idea of that ever-present pain ran counter to every rule of routine TV, which, typically conceived as aspirational for viewers, calls for the hero to personify a desirable state. On the contrary, House is all about discomfort, and coping with it.

“The pain explains, to some extent, his personality,” says Laurie. “But we never gave the viewer any definite answers about how much, and I’m rather glad about that. It’s not that simple: There was a possibility that he might have behaved much the same even without his affliction.”

It was Laurie who chose which leg for his character’s crippling blood clot, he divulges with a laugh when asked.

“I tried it various ways, including limping with BOTH legs, but that was just ungainly,” he jokes. “Then I settled on the right leg. But I have always wondered whether, if I switched legs for an episode, anyone would notice.”

In conversation, the Oxford, England-born Laurie is not only charming, but witty, befitting his past comedic series “Black Adder” and “Jeeves and Wooster” (in which he starred with Stephen Fry), as well as, more recently, the “Stuart Little” films.

Of course, “House” had its own mordant comic streak.

“It was EXTREMELY important that the character be funny: He had to be good value for the audience, and also to explain Wilson’s tolerance and friendship. You had to believe that, at the end of the day, Wilson just delighted in the fact that House was an occasionally outrageous but almost always funny character to hang out with.”

Sample House-isms, delivered deadpan and gratingly razor-sharp:

— “Adjectives matter: Hate nurses, love naughty nurses.”

— “Treating for wrong diagnoses can result in side effects, like death.”

— “What’s the opposite of ‘Thank you’? I’m pretty sure it ends in ‘you.’”

House has never lost his funny bone, nor his perversity, even in the face of Wilson’s cancer diagnosis in recent episodes.

After helping Wilson administer aggressive treatment on the sly, on his living room couch, House shares his Vicodin for Wilson’s painful side effects while razzing him, poker-faced, with, “Remember, they’re a gift, so it’s rude to keep throwing them up.”

Laurie chuckles at the thought of such rampant candor.

“Yes, one can say House has no manners,” he declares, “and that’s probably true. But good manners are probably not our principal goal in life.”

Not House’s, anyway. However much a jerk, he’s a jerk who believes morality is measured not by attitude, but results. On that score, he’s got no cause to apologize. He saves lives no one else can save. That gives him a pass to act or think however he chooses. Maybe House, the impish truth-teller, could be viewed as the resident court jester of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital.

“Being free of the requirement to be well-mannered, House was able to get to the heart of things in ways that other people might not,” says Laurie. “But the question was always whether he’s using his indispensableness to behave badly, or whether he’s using it to tell the truth. House being House, he exploited this license to an appalling degree.”

On last week’s episode, House continued to coax, pester and bully Wilson into not giving up his battle against cancer. House can’t bear the thought of losing his friend. But Wilson (who, ironically, is an oncologist) doesn’t want to put himself through more chemotherapy.

“He just doesn’t want to live in pain,” a colleague tries to explain, which triggers a furious reaction from House.

“LIFE is pain!” House roars, his voice at a pitch never heard from him before. “I wake up every morning, I’m in pain. I go to work in pain. You know how many times I wanted to just give up, how many times I’ve thought about ending it?”

The show, which never flinched at dealing with big ideas, is now wrestling as never before with the issue of what makes life worth living —and determines when it isn’t.

Monday’s finale, says Laurie, brings House to the edge of a precipice eight seasons in the making: “Is he gonna step forward or step back? Is it life or is it death? I can say no more than that,” says the actor who made flesh-and-blood one of the most compelling characters in television history.

That achievement will live on, whatever House’s fate.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/enterta...._1.html

Robert Sean Leonard - he's a man I would put my life in his hands, and almost have on occasion (с) H. Laurie

Сообщение отредактировал Ginger82 - Четверг, 17.05.2012, 21:08

yahnisДата: Пятница, 18.05.2012, 23:30 | Сообщение # 200
Иммунолог

спасибо
fistashka,

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/arts-an....95.html

TV
The Canadian Press - ONLINE EDITION
As 'House' wraps, a TV critic analyzes what made show so popular
By: Bill Brioux, The Canadian Press
Posted: 4:01 AM | Comments: 1 (including replies) | Last Modified: 5:46 AM
53 10 0 SHARE64 PRINT E–MAIL REPORT ERROR
Enlarge Image

In this image released by Fox, Hugh Laurie portrays Dr. Gregory House in a scene from the first season finale of "House, M.D." The Fox medical drama concludes its eight-season run on Monday, May 21, 2012, with a finale at 9 p.m. EDT, preceded by a one-hour retrospective. (AP Photo/Fox, Jamie Trueblood)
"I'm a jerk to everyone. Best way to protect yourself from lawsuits."
Just one of the many caustic sayings of Gregory House, M.D., who brings his TV practice to a close Monday night with its 177th episode, "Swan Song/Everybody Dies" (Monday May 21 at 8 p.m. ET on Fox and Global).
This was no cranky doctor with a heart of gold.
As the Vicodin addict also said: "I’m a buttload of pain, I need a buttload of pills."
So why, after eight sarcastic seasons, do we care that this "House" is being taken off the market? At its peak, the series was crazy popular in Canada, soaring over 4.2 million viewers. Here are seven reasons why people could never get enough "House":

1. Hugh Laurie. When "House" began, he was a favourite son in The U.K. but in the States best known for acting opposite a talking mouse in those "Stuart Little" films. He was in Namibia shooting "Flight of the Phoenix" when he made his “House” audition tape, shot in the hotel bathroom because it was the only place he could get enough light. Executive producer Bryan Singer took one look and said that's exactly the kind of American actor we need for this part, not knowing that Laurie, who had mastered a mid-west American accent, was a Cambridge educated Englishman.
Laurie also managed to turn one of the most unsympathetic characters ever created as a series lead into someone who was fascinating to watch for eight seasons. Shocking then that he’s never won an Emmy. No wonder House is so cranky!
Not so Laurie, who made millions playing House (and is still cashing in with those regrettable wrinkle remover commercials).
2. David Shore. The series creator calls himself "the second most famous writer from London Ontario" after Oscar-winner Paul Haggis ("Million Dollar Baby"). The former lawyer cut his TV teeth writing for Haggis' CBS series "Due South" before penning scripts for "NYPD Blue."
He admits he and House have plenty in common. One year at the Emmy Awards, he thanked "all the people who have come into my life and made me miserable."
Shore says the character of House was inspired after a trip to a Canadian medical clinic to check out a hockey injury.
"I felt they were mocking me after I left," said Shore, who later wondered: "Would I rather be treated by a jerk who saves my life or a nice guy who misses something?"
3. Lisa Edelstein. When I suggested to Shore that there was something very compelling about finally seeing Edelstein next-to-naked in some steamy scenes with House at the start of the seventh season, Shore simply said, "You're welcome."
Fact is, Edelstein was a big reason House ever seemed even remotely sympathetic. An episode where the two re-enacted scenes from favourite films, including a Butch and Sundance sequence, was fun and flirty, but also indicated that the series was starting to run thin on save-of-the-week ideas. For many of us, the season seven finale where House smashes his car into Cuddy’s home was the jump-the-shark moment for this series.
4. Robert Sean Leonard. Wilson was always the Watson to House's Holmes. Sometimes described as a "doormat,” he manages to make fans believe somebody could put up with all of House's selfish, childish behaviour and still care about him. Many critics single him out as the one supporting character who could never leave the show. Canadian footnote: his name is derived from two neighbouring buildings on the campus of Montreal's McGillUniversity: James Administration Building and Wilson Hall.
5. A revolving door of compelling supporting players. Besides Leonard, Omar Epps (Dr. Eric Foreman) is the only cast member to last all eight seasons at the Princeton-Plainsboro teaching hospital. Jennifer Morrison (Dr. Cameron) left to do "Once Upon a Time." Olivia Wilde ("Thirteen") probably made the biggest splash and now does feature films. Kal Penn's character, Dr. Kutner, committed suicide in Season Five. The actor famously left "House" to take a job in the Obama White House. Peter Jacobson, Amber Tamblyn, Odette Annable and Charlyne Yi have all been regulars, with TV heavyweights Chi McBride, David Morse and Andre Braugher all called in at various points to slap House down.
6. Great guest stars. The disease of the week nature of "House" allowed plenty of guest star turns on the series. Among the most memorable were Cynthia Nixon, Joel Grey and Howard Hesseman as patients. Kurtwood Smith, L.L. Cool J, John Larroquette, Elias Koteas and Amanda Seyfried were all among the many guest stars.
7. Thanks to Shore, House stayed sarcastic right to the bitter end. Among his best lines:
"Like I always say, there's no 'I' in team. There's a 'me,' though, if you jumble it up."
"People don't change. For example, I'm going to keep on repeating ‘people don't change.'"
"What they don't confess to is almost always more interesting."
___
Bill Brioux is a freelance TV columnist based in Brampton, Ont.

Ramon: Faith is not a disease.
House: No, of course not. On the other hand, it is communicable, and it kills a lot of people.

Ginger82Дата: Суббота, 19.05.2012, 00:06 | Сообщение # 201
Иммунолог

House Comes to an End: Producers and Cast Recall Creating a Curmudgeon

http://www.tvguide.com/News....35.aspx

Ginger82Дата: Суббота, 19.05.2012, 02:49 | Сообщение # 202
Иммунолог

Годная статья в The New York Times (легкие спойлеры)

Dr. Grump Makes His Final Rounds

http://www.nytimes.com/2012....=3&_r=1

gallinaДата: Суббота, 19.05.2012, 15:54 | Сообщение # 203
Иммунолог

Статья в The Detroit News на финал "Хауса"

'House' wraps with focus on friendship

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120519/ENT10/205190305/1457/ENT10

I LOVE PEOPLE © Hugh Laurie

You, people, make me sick! © Home improvement

Ginger82Дата: Суббота, 19.05.2012, 16:09 | Сообщение # 204
Иммунолог

Quote (gallina)
the word "bromance" doesn't even begin to describe the 20-year friendship between House and Wilson. Their bond is the heart of the show

Галя, спасибо! Отличная статья smile

yahnisДата: Суббота, 19.05.2012, 16:18 | Сообщение # 205
Иммунолог

Quote (gallina)
It's true, the two men have never said "I love you," but the love is real. When trying to convince Wilson to consider chemotherapy in a recent episode, House said: "I need you. I want you to be around for as long as possible because I don't know what I would do without you."

If that's not a profession of love, what is?

biggrin несомненно! Как и то, что автора статьи возбуждает в сериале именно это? Почему бы это *задумчиво чешет в затылке*

Quote (gallina)
That's good writing."

сколько ни говори сахар, во рту сладко не становится. biggrin

House: No, of course not. On the other hand, it is communicable, and it kills a lot of people.

Сообщение отредактировал yahnis - Суббота, 19.05.2012, 16:36

ErnestinДата: Суббота, 19.05.2012, 16:29 | Сообщение # 206
Окулист

Quote (Ginger82)
Галя, спасибо! Отличная статья

+ 100! gallina,Спасибо!
flowers

milaNistaДата: Суббота, 19.05.2012, 17:18 | Сообщение # 207
Иммунолог

gallina, спасибо!

MarishkaMДата: Суббота, 19.05.2012, 17:49 | Сообщение # 208
Иммунолог

Quote (gallina)
the two have kept their friendship alive and if fans are lucky, the finale will show them together still.

are we lucky?
biggrin
да, очень душевная статья happy

… врут, восклицая «Я этого не переживу!». Врут, когда клянутся «Без тебя я умру». Они умирают и живут дальше. А у тех, кто упорствует и оборачивается, отчаянно болит шея…© Korvinna (2012) Феникс безвыходно

yahnisДата: Воскресенье, 20.05.2012, 16:20 | Сообщение # 209
Иммунолог

Medical mystery series 'House' comes to an end after an unlikely eight-seasonrun
Creator David Shore says 'we have a great ending,' but adds the show, starring Hugh Laurie, should be judged in its totality

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Published: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 6:00 AM
Updated: Sunday, May 20, 2012, 6:00 AM

Nothing has pleased Dr. Gregory House more over the past eight seasons than finding a patient with some awful disease no other doctor could diagnose.

A woman whose liver was being devoured by an unseen bacterial menace. A man suffering excruciating headaches because his brain was being pulverized by toxins for which there was no apparent explanation.

These “victims of the week” have been the unsung heroes of Fox’s “House,” one of the unlikeliest hit medical shows ever, and their cases were what kept Hugh Laurie’s House in demand even though his bedside manner often seems to be on loan from Moammar Khadafy.

All fun eventually ends, however, and this Monday night, “House” finishes its run with a one-hour retrospective at 8 and a wrapup episode at 9, cheerfully titled “Everybody Dies.”

That’s a mild inside reference to the show’s first episode, which was titled “Everybody Lies.”

And no, says show creator David Shore, the episode’s title does not mean there will finally be a case House can’t solve, and it will escalate into a pandemic that wipes out all of civilization.

While some House staffers have occasionally suspected he had a messiah complex, no one ever suggested the end of “House” would mark the end of the world.

Shore, for his part, is not enthusiastic about discussing the end — of either the world or the show.

“I think we have a great ending,” says Shore, who co-wrote the last episode. “It’s true to the character.

“But I also think too much focus is often put on endings, as if the ending defines the show and what happened before doesn’t matter so much.

“To me, the important part is what you do all along, through the run of the show.”

For House himself, that has included several long battles in which he has had wins and losses.

He has been addicted to the painkiller Vicodin, which at one point sent him to rehab, which didn’t fully rehab him.

For years he engaged in an elaborate romantic dance with his boss, Dr. Lisa Cuddy (Lisa Edelstein). They finally gave it a whirl, despite numerous red flags, and at the end of season seven House blew everything up.

He tried to secure a single male friendship, with Dr. James Wilson (Robert Sean Leonard). The extent of his success there might best be measured by the fact that while Wilson often wanted to kill him, he never did.

In fact, House and Wilson have seemed closer this season, though Shore says external circumstances played a part.

Specifically, he says, he hadn’t been planning on Edelstein leaving after last season and taking Dr. Cuddy with her.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/enterta....PafXRgh

да уж как говорится за отсутствием выбора biggrin

Сообщение отредактировал yahnis - Воскресенье, 20.05.2012, 16:20

Ginger82Дата: Воскресенье, 20.05.2012, 16:26 | Сообщение # 210
Иммунолог

Quote (yahnis)
Read more

cool продолжение статьи:
“That was a big shift and not an anticipated change,” he says. “There was a lot we still could have done there, though I don’t know how it would have shaken out [if Edelstein had stayed].

“That shifted the focus of this season more to the relationship between House and Wilson, and I think that was good for the show. We’ve dealt with it through the years, but not as much as we’ve been able to this season.”

And no, says Shore, “House” hasn’t been one of those shows where the creators knew on the first day where it would all end.

“We had a general sense where it would go and who the characters were, but we didn’t have a specific plan,” he says. “For one thing, we didn’t envision it would last this long.”

Some of what happened, he says, was a product of that longevity — like the rehab story line.

“Rehab might not have happened if we hadn’t gone four, five seasons,” says Shore. “But for anyone who’s that much of an addict, eventually it’s almost inevitable.”

He credits Laurie with making House such a sustainable character, managing to keep viewers rooting for him even when he was being a self-destructive jerk and inflicting cruelty on people who seemed nicer than he was.

“Hugh and I talked about that all the time,” says Shore. “The thing was that he could never be cruel just for the sake of cruelty. Everything he did or said was consistent with his character.”

He says he and Laurie also worked to maintain the balance between the life-and-death medical cases, the serious nature of everyone’s personal problems and the need to relieve all of that with humor, some of it dark.

“Humor was essential,” says Shore, though he adds that here again, nothing could feel gratuitous. When House jumped off a fifth-floor balcony into the pool, that had to be the kind of reckless, impulsive thing a man backed into his psychological corner would do.

“Hugh’s the only comedian I’ve ever worked with who would look at a script and say, ‘Too many jokes,’ ” says Shore. “They had to be right.”

It also helped that over eight seasons the show had a normal turnover in its supporting cast. While mainstays Wilson and Dr. Eric Foreman (Omar Epps) stayed for the whole run, a half-dozen other doctors stepped into the House Cuisinart for varying stretches.

This gave the writers a shifting set of new issues, like the supersized neuroses of Thirteen (Olivia Wilde), and Shore says ultimately that helped the show.

“There are good and bad things about changing characters,” he says. “Ultimately we tried to see it as an opportunity. I think it helped keep things fresh.”

He adds that finding an exotic or complex new medical case each week wasn’t as difficult as it might seem.

“It was a challenge,” he says. “But it proved to be do-able. It was fascinating to explore all the ways for the human body to break down.”

That quest also had an unexpected side effect.

“We’d get letters from people who would tell us that they had all the same symptoms as the patient that week,” says Shore. “And they’d go to their doctor and sure enough, that’s what they had.

“Of course, I’m also sure that for every letter like that, 150 people just annoyed their doctors by insisting they had this disease when they really didn’t.”

House would appreciate that.

Сообщение отредактировал Ginger82 - Воскресенье, 20.05.2012, 16:46

Форум » Общий » Пресса » Журнальный столик (англоязычные критические статьи по Хаусу)
Поиск:

Форма входа

Наш баннер

Друзья сайта

Smallville/Смолвиль
    Звёздные врата: Атлантида | StarGate Atlantis - Лучший сайт сериала.
    Анатомия Грей - Русский Фан-Сайт

House-MD.net.ru © 2007 - 2009

Данный проект является некоммерческим, поэтому авторы не несут никакой материальной выгоды. Все используемые аудиовизуальные материалы, размещенные на сайте, являются собственностью их изготовителя (владельца прав) и охраняются Законом РФ "Об авторском праве и смежных правах", а также международными правовыми конвенциями. Эти материалы предназначены только для ознакомления - для прочих целей Вы должны купить лицензионную запись. Если Вы оставляете у себя в каком-либо виде эти аудиовизуальные материалы, но не приобретаете соответствующую лицензионную запись - Вы нарушаете законы об Интеллектуальной собственности и Авторском праве, что может повлечь за собой преследование по соответствующим статьям существующего законодательства.