Фан Сайт сериала House M.D.

Последние сообщения

Мини-чат

Спойлеры, реклама и ссылки на другие сайты в чате запрещены

Наш опрос

По-вашему, доктор Хауз сможет вылечится от зависимости?
Всего ответов: 12395

Советуем присмотреться

Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · FAQ · Поиск · RSS ]
Модератор форума: fistashka, Alissa, Elly, ребекка  
Форум » Общий » Актеры сериала » Кэл Пенн (Доктор Катнер) (тема, посвященная этому актеру.)
Кэл Пенн (Доктор Катнер)
fistashkaДата: Воскресенье, 17.04.2011, 05:08 | Сообщение # 196
Дальневосточный Эдельштейнофил
Награды: 5

Статус: Offline
President Barack Obama walks with Kalpen Modi, Associate Director, Office of Public Engagement, on the Colonnade of the White House, March 9, 2011. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitehouse/5610488753/in/photostream/

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened ;)

Ginger82Дата: Четверг, 14.07.2011, 06:43 | Сообщение # 197
Иммунолог
Награды: 0

Kal Penn Ditching the White House for How I Met Your Mother Romance

In his first TV role since leaving House for the White House, Kal Penn has signed on for a recurring role on How I Met Your Mother, a show rep confirms.

Penn, 34, will play a new love interest for Robin (Cobie Smulders) named Kevin, according to TVLine.com, which first reported the casting. The new gig will also reunite Penn with his Harold & Kumar co-star, Neil Patrick Harris.

Kal Penn returns to White House after filming Harold & Kumar

Penn, whose House character committed suicide in Season 5, left the medical drama to join the Obama administration shortly after the President was elected in 2009. Penn will leave his post, as associate director in the office of public liaison, by the end of the month.

Penn also recently finished shooting the third Harold & Kumar film — A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas — set to hit theaters this November. Harris also reprises his role as, uh, himself in the movie.

Robert Sean Leonard - he's a man I would put my life in his hands, and almost have on occasion (с) H. Laurie

TCrowfootДата: Пятница, 12.08.2011, 01:06 | Сообщение # 198
Иммунолог

A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas

Дух Свободы

fistashkaДата: Среда, 28.09.2011, 03:50 | Сообщение # 199

Kal_Penn:
My thoughts after 2 years working 4 @BarackObama in @WhiteHouse. Check out the article on @HuffPostBlog huff.to/oRis6i

It's Time to Ignore the Paralyzing Cynicism and Get Engaged

Before I met President Obama, I was always cynically independent when it came to politics. Like a lot of other young people with different views on different issues, I never considered myself to be either a Democrat or Republican. I still don't. But having had the honor to serve in this president's White House for two years, one thing that dissipated from my mind is the sense of cynicism that existed before. Now, I know that it might sound nuts to hear someone say that they're less cynical today than they were 2 years ago, even after having seen first-hand the chaos in Congress. But my reasons have to do with also having seen first-hand President Obama's strong convictions in action behind the scenes, and watching those convictions overcome partisan bickering to fulfill some really big promises.

Flash back to 2008, when President-elect Obama won with an overwhelming majority of young voters on a promise to make college more affordable, fix a broken health care system, bring our buddies home from Iraq, and make sure that our gay, lesbian, and bisexual service members could serve openly in the military. I remember thinking "all of these things make common sense to me. The system must be so broken on both sides of the aisle if no previous president succeeded in changing it already. I want to help this guy get elected. It's now or never."

Fast forward to September 2011. In just three years as president, and against tremendous odds, Barack Obama ended Don't Ask, Don't Tell. He's been bringing service members home from Iraq. He got financial aid reform passed, increased the Pell Grant, and increased the American Opportunity Tax Credit to $2500 -- all so that college is more affordable. And he passed the Affordable Care Act, which has made quality and affordable health care available while also lowering costs. Lots of good people said none of this could be done. Others even said it shouldn't be done. But the president -- with the help of young Americans - fought hard to get it done. Working as part of the White House team when these pieces of legislation came to fruition is and will likely remain one of my greatest honors.

The news media rarely cover good stories about youth issues these days, but recently, several outlets did report on the success of the Affordable Care Act and its impact on young adults. Since the bill's passage in 2010, nearly one million more young adults have obtained health care coverage. By giving people under 26 the security of knowing they can use their parents' insurance policies, our generation will no longer be at the mercy of insurance companies and won't have to go without health coverage as we start our careers. These reported numbers of newly insured young people are incredible, and clearly illustrate how President Obama's vision for a country with quality and affordable health care for all is becoming a reality.

Despite these big steps in the right direction, our work is far from over. If some members of Congress or other presidential contenders get their way and repeal important legislation such as The Affordable Care Act, or reinstate Don't Ask, Don't Tell, these positive changes will be taken away from millions of Americans who have new found security. It broke my heart when I watched the Republican presidential debates and saw some people in the audience applaud the notion that young Americans without health care should be left to die. It saddened me this week when they booed a brave service member fighting for us overseas just because he happens to be gay. Whether you're a Democrat, a Republican, or an Independent like me, our generation cannot let the president's strong vision be undone after everything we have fought for and won. We inherited debt, wars, a bickering political system, and a dangerous growing gap between those at the very top and everyone else. But we have achieved incredible successes, and have so much more left to still do. It's not right to roll that back.

I've been motivated by the reality that progress is possible with a leader who understands what's at stake. But progress is never easy, which is all the more reason to keep a focus on positivity and abandon cynicism. President Obama hasn't been able to change Washington overnight, we know that. And if the last few years are any indication, he certainly can't do it alone. I stand with the president to help move America forward in the hopes that when we do stand together we see more and more of our peers benefiting from their own hard work. Now is the time to ignore the paralyzing cynicism and get engaged. I hope you'll join me.

Kal Penn is an actor and producer based in Los Angeles. He served as an Associate Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement from 2009-2011, and was the President's Liaison to Young Americans. He is currently a volunteer with Obama for America 2012.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kal-penn/post_2482_b_983920.html

fistashkaДата: Понедельник, 10.10.2011, 14:30 | Сообщение # 200

How I Met Your Mother's Kal Penn: Kevin and Robin Are a Fun Match

As far as typecasting goes, Kal Penn fills some very specific criteria.

"This is the third doctor character with a name that starts with 'K,'" he tells TVGuide.com of his How I Met Your Mother therapist Kevin. His previous — and most famous — two roles, of course, were Kumar of the Harold & Kumar movies and the late Dr. Kutner on House. "You find out [in the upcoming A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas] that Kumar actually completed med school in the six years that have been left off," Penn says. "I think it was a buddy of mine who asked me, 'What were the last few characters you played?' I said, 'Well, I just went back to play Kumar and I guess Kutner killed himself off and now I'm playing Kevin.' And I was like, 'Whoa!'" My name starts with 'K,' so maybe it's something subconscious."

Whether or not he's cornered the market on doctors with "K" names roles, Penn is excited to be acting again after leaving House in 2009 to join the White House Office of Public Engagement as associate director. His plan was always to stay at the post for two years (save for five months he took off to film A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas) and then return to showbiz. It just so happened that Mother — with Harold & Kumar cohort Neil Patrick Harris — was searching for a love interest for Robin (Cobie Smulders) at the same time. "I love the show, so it was perfect," Penn says. "I had also worked with Alyson [Hannigan] briefly, like way back in the day I did an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and she was great to work with. ... I said I would love to do it if they would like to have me."

The actor is currently signed on for eight episodes as Robin's new beau and court-mandated shrink — a result of her assaulting a chick pursuing Barney (Harris). While Kevin's tough-love style last week hardly seems like he's into Robin, that will all change on Monday's episode when he and Robin bump into each other outside of the office.

"The sparks start. You saw the guy in the suit; now you see the guy in jeans. And he meets her friends. Much like a lot of people, there's the professional etiquette and then there's the personal etiquette, which are often times different," Penn says. "It's probably also a little bit of like seeing your fourth-grade teacher in the grocery store for the first time and realizing she's not just your fourth-grade teacher. She has this whole other life and it's a little weird. It's an equivalent of that."

It's also weird because, well, he's her therapist. On the other hand, there is something to be said about being forced to open up to someone. "Here's this guy who connects with her and understands her in a way no one has before," Penn says. "I don't think either of them was expecting to fall for each other. The attraction definitely catches both of them off guard, so they do tackle some of those questions. But for him, he finds her very attractive with a very funny personality. I guess the same for her. He wasn't terribly sympathetic at first because her [assault] back story is not nearly as bizarre as some of the [stories] he's used to. He's used to treating disturbed felons. But he's got his quirks too. What you learn this week is that he's a layered guy."

The big question is: Will Kevin be the guy who helps Robin move on from a very not single Barney? Penn, who's developing a sitcom for NBC, doesn't know — mostly because Kevin doesn't know about Robin and Barney's complicated history yet.

"We just did the table read for the fourth episode that I'm in ... and Kevin still doesn't know," he says. "She hasn't yet opened up about that. I suppose they have to address it at some point. I think Kevin would assume that she's dated other people. I don't know that he would assume some of them would be people she hangs out with every day, and one who is Barney!"

But if Penn had his druthers, Kevin would be exactly what the doctor ordered for Robin. "I'm biased, so I hope she stays with Kevin! ... I'm only doing these eight [episodes] now, but I'd love to do more," he says. "They're a fun couple, a fun match. You'll see that. ... There's inevitably a difference between understanding someone as a therapist and as a boyfriend, but she needs someone to hear her out right now, and he's doing that for her."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/HIMYM-Kal-Penn-1038555.aspx

fistashkaДата: Воскресенье, 06.11.2011, 08:59 | Сообщение # 201

Spike TV's "SCREAM 2011" awards held at Universal Studios on October 15, 2011 in Universal City, California

Premiere of New Line Cinema's "A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas" at Grauman's Chinese Theatre on November 2, 2011 in Hollywood, California

streets_of_loveДата: Суббота, 12.11.2011, 22:16 | Сообщение # 202
Психотерапевт

Quote (fistashka)
Premiere of New Line Cinema's "A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas" at Grauman's Chinese Theatre on November 2, 2011 in Hollywood, California

Мне кажется или он потолстел немного
A Very Harold And Kumar Christmas 3D - Official Kal Penn : Kumar Interview

fistashkaДата: Четверг, 16.02.2012, 16:26 | Сообщение # 203

Kal Penn cast in ABC comedy pilot

Kal Penn could be returning to a regular TV series role.

The Harold & Kumar and House actor has landed a role in ABC’s comedy pilot Prairie Dogs.

The show is a single camera sitcom from Jackie and Jeff Filgo (That ’70s Show, The New Adventures of Old Christine) about a lowly cubicle worker named Neil (Penn) who has his identity stolen, only to like the fake life he’s been given more than the boring one he was living. He enlists a con man to help him change his life.

Penn left his role on House to work for the Obama administration in 2009, then last year returned to Hollywood. He recently had a recurring role on CBS’ How I Met Your Mother. Penn joins the previously cast Michaela Watkins (Saturday Night Live) in the ABC pilot.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/15/kal-penn-praire-dogs

fistashkaДата: Пятница, 24.02.2012, 20:57 | Сообщение # 204

та же новость на русском

Кэл Пенн потеряет свою личность на ABC
Актер Кэл Пенн, также известный (и даже печально известный) как доктор Катнер из сериала House M.D. («Доктор Хаус»), получил главную роль в новом пилоте от ABC Prairie Dogs («Луговые собачки*»).

По информации ресурса TVGuide, сценарий пилота написал Джефф Филго («Шоу 70-х»), а в центр сюжета он поместил Нила (Пенн), типичного кабинетного работника, который внезапно обнаруживает, что его личность кто-то украл. Более того, вор сделал украденную личность полноценной, одарив ее яркой и насыщенной жизнью.

На большом экране Кэл Пенн запомнился зрителям своей ролью в комедии «Гарольд и Кумар уходят в отрыв», а телевизионные проекты актера, кроме «Хауса», включают сериал How I Met Your Mother («Как я встретил вашу маму»).

http://lostfilm.tv/news.php?act=full&type=1&id=1843

fistashkaДата: Суббота, 21.07.2012, 08:39 | Сообщение # 205

Журнал A&U, июль 2012

Closing the Gap
By A&U | July 18th, 2012 | Category: Cover Story | No Comments »

From His Infamous “Kumar” Role To His Eminent White House Gig, Social Activist And Actor Kal Penn Mellows Out With A&U’s Dann Dulin As He Helps Pull Generations Together And Reveals How A Laugh Can Be Serious

Photographed Exclusively for A&U by Adam Bouska

@kalpenn
Wrap the rod before pleasing the bod #WorldAIDSDay
@kalpenn
“Don’t Be a Fool, Wrap Your Tool” #WorldAIDSDay
@kalpenn
Garnish your oak…before you poke #WorldAIDSDay

Kal Penn sent these Tweets on World AIDS Day last year. They’re bold, brave, and even “busty!”—a word he uses to describe himself. “I’m a fan of using humor to get a more serious conversation going or just to convey a point,” he says deliberately about the tweets. “We all seem to think that we’re somehow so completely different if we’re voting for somebody different or if we’re speaking a different language. You know what? At the end of the day we’re all human.”

But Kal seems to be superhuman—an über-multitasker, a Renaissance man. Just look at some of his accomplishments: film actor (the Harold & Kumar trilogy, The Namesake, Superman Returns, Epic Movie), television performer (24, House, M.D., How I Met Your Mother), producer (Van Wilder 2), civil servant (associate director of the White House Office of Public Engagement in the Obama administration), professor (adjunct faculty member at the University of Pennsylvania in the Asian American Studies Program), student (working toward his graduate certificate in International Security at Stanford), and currently co-chair of Obama’s reelection campaign. Egads!

In 2009 when he was appearing on House, M.D., and teaching at U Penn, he’d finish filming on Friday night, depart LAX on Saturday, prep on Sunday, teach Monday and then fly back to L.A. on Monday evening to be on the House set by Tuesday morning. Today, after recently returning from a second stint in Washington, D.C., Kal is settling back into Los Angeles life and presently into an overstuffed leather chair in the living room of a friend of this journalist. We’re in North Hollywood, not far from where Kal resides and in kissing distance of the Warner Brothers lot where the Harold and Kumar movies were filmed. My friend is at work, so Kal and I finally have found a peaceful spot.

Just an hour before, we were traipsing around Toluca Lake in the San Fernando Valley at high noon, searching for a place to interview. The coffeehouse that we originally agreed upon was just too noisy. “Would Bob’s Big Boy restaurant across the street be quiet enough?” “How about Starbucks over there?” As we began walking to these venues, I remembered my friend’s place just blocks away from where we were. Kal enthusiastically agreed.

From our first handshake on the street in front of the loud java house, Kal was disarming and warm, and, throughout our time together, I feel like I’m with an old college buddy. Indeed, he’s dressed like a college dude, sporting a 5 o’clock shadow and wearing loose fitting denims, a gray T-shirt with an opened big-checkered gray and red shirt, and black hi-top Pumas. He wears a USO bracelet and a “Red, White, & Blue” wristband from Starbucks, the word “indivisible” engraved on it. It cost him $5. “I was skeptical when I first saw it,” explains Kal, “‘What is this?! Another one of those things?!’ I did a bunch of research on it and found out it was legit. The money goes into a fund that gives low cost loans to start up businesses. It’s their way of helping jump-start the economy for local small businesses.”

Kal is keenly aware and sensitive to public affairs. His education about AIDS came from growing up in New Jersey, close to New York City, where the epidemic

was widely publicized. He remembers seeing Keith Haring’s iconic drawings, some of which were about safe sex, plastered throughout the subways in the eighties. And by attending The Fine and Performing Arts Academy in Farmingdale, New Jersey, during his freshman, sophomore, and junior years, the topic of AIDS was fiercely prevalent, savagely penetrating the world of entertainment at the time. “By being a theater/film kid, and by just watching the news with my parents I was exposed to the epidemic,” explains Kal, coolly fidgeting with the big-faced watch he’s wearing. “Now that I think about it I first heard about it in sex ed class in sixth grade. No one had to sit me down and tell me about AIDS. It was very vivid—and you knew why it was very vivid.”

Though Kal’s position in the Obama administration was not directly related to the epidemic—he focused on outreach to youth, arts professionals, and the Asian American community—the topic of HIV/AIDS surfaced. (While at the White House, he used his birth name, Kalpen Modi.) “Having worked in advocacy, I came across the struggle for funding, recognition, and awareness, and then [discovered] the really courageous ways in which communities come together and tie those lines that need to be tied between raising awareness and getting research dollars from the base level. I see that in the HIV/AIDS community as well, and I’m aware of just how far folks have come since the era of the seventies and eighties.”

“Over the past several years while I was working at the White House, most of the people I spoke with engaged in safe practices and knew the risks,” he insists. Then he adds, “This conversation can almost be endless because it depends on which communities you’re talking to. I may have been in a bit of a bubble with the folks I talked to, who were from advocacy groups. They’re usually intensely aware.” He ponders, his big, expressive bronzed-sparkling eyes looking off toward the front door. “If you’re going to a bar and you poll a hundred young people, how many of them are going to have a condom on them? I don’t know,” he contemplates earnestly. “But that would be an interesting experiment.” I challenge Kal to do it and he invites me to participate. He adds, smiling with willing devotion, “So we’ll check back in a year and see how that went….”

He reaches for a glass of purified water that sits on the coffee table and takes a sip, which he does quite frequently during our time together. He rears back into the chair, crosses his legs and gently grabs his pant leg. “It’s so interesting to see that when you talk about HIV/AIDS what a difference there exists between the generations. Talking with young people about healthcare reform, I found that they don’t argue about issues like research dollars and awareness,” attests Kal. “The stigma that exists in older communities is much less among the young. And this younger generation doesn’t understand today why you have Republican members of Congress still talking about restricting access to safe sex practices both educationally and in terms of condoms. They don’t understand why there’s a debate amongst the older folks, particularly members of….” Kal halts and inserts, “the average age in the Senate is something like sixty-three, which is fine and there’s a lot of wisdom certainly that comes out of those life experiences, but then when it comes to something like safe sex you’ve got a lot of people who are looking at Congress, particularly the House and House Republicans, and saying, ‘Why are we having a conversation about something that we thought was resolved in the eighties?!’”

Kal’s passion about social issues developed during his childhood. He grew up in the beaming shadow of his grandparents who marched alongside Gandhi, and their values were firmly instilled in him. “Everyone’s grandparents, if you’re fortunate enough to be around them when you’re a kid, always have to coax you into eating your vegetables, so they usually tell you stories to get you to eat your vegetables. I didn’t realize the significance of those stories until I was a little bit older,” he admits, explaining, “it was never called public service; it was just that you contribute in any way you can. You can do it from time to time but you should regularly do it as part of being in a community.” He pauses, then adds in velvety stillness, “My grandparent’s legacy is something that I will always take with me.”

In the early nineties, the summer after Kal completed tenth grade, he read a flyer about an international study program in Kenya. He approached his father, who was interested; however, due to the high cost, $5,000, his father suggested that Kal go instead to India where his father’s friend was running an NGO. The organization, Action Research in Community Health and Development (ARCH), was located in Western India in a remote village in the state of Gujarat and focused on education, environment, and healthcare. His dad said he’d happily buy the plane ticket, which would be much cheaper than the trip to Africa. Kal was excited and thanks to his grandparents, he could speak the Indian language, which would facilitate greater emersion into Indian culture.

“This NGO had an incredible educational program on HIV/AIDS,” he exclaims energetically, “and in those communities there was a lot of stigma and confusion about how it was passed on, what the causes were, and a lot of folklore around who gets it and why.” India was several years or more behind the U.S. in their prevention campaigns.

“I was too young to understand the implications at that time…That was another experience,” he realizes, recalling with slight amazement. “Seeing all this at a young age, another side of the epidemic, and having had to travel abroad to discover this….”

Kal was drawn into politics when his co-star and friend from House, M.D., Olivia Wilde, asked him to attend an Obama rally in 2007. He accepted because he had friends who were in the military and others who couldn’t afford healthcare or college tuition. He was also interested because Obama opposed the Iraq war and he didn’t take money from lobbyists. “Having somebody as rare as the President actually running for the Presidency made me focus on the political aspect of it,” notes the registered Independent. “I believe very deeply in the President and I think he’s accomplished a lot of great things. Hopefully he’ll continue to for the next four years.”

The Director of the White House Office of National HIV/AIDS Policy, Grant Colfax, has this to say: “This Administration is extremely dedicated to fighting the HIV/AIDS pandemic. In the United States, we are continuing to implement the National HIV/AIDS Strategy, the Nation’s first comprehensive plan to fight the domestic epidemic. The Strategy provides a roadmap for moving the nation forward in addressing the domestic HIV/AIDS epidemic with clear and measurable goals to reduce new HIV infections, increase health outcomes for people living with HIV, and reduce HIV-related health disparities.”

One might have the mistaken notion that Kal, as a White House staffer, was regularly consulting with the President in the Oval Office. He has a good chuckle over this and clarifies. “I was a junior staffer sitting there in a crowded office elsewhere!” His tone is frivolous as he pokes fun at himself, though he appreciates the flattery.

fistashkaДата: Суббота, 21.07.2012, 08:39 | Сообщение # 206

Продолжение:

Kal recalls when the President was still a Senator. “He and Michelle visited Kenya, the President’s ancestral homeland. They both took a public HIV test. They did it because they knew that cameras would follow them, it would be a big story, and would help reduce the stigma. Even at the very basic level I know that it’s something very much in his psyche,” he says flatly with conviction. “He’s also got some incredibly aggressive policies that he’s been working with. I don’t mean to minimize those, but I just think in terms of character…it’s pretty clear.”

Kal has the highest praise for groups that “shift the conversation” because “they make one think.” Having worked closely with the Asian community during his White House tenure, he acknowledges such agencies as SAALT (South Asian Americans Leading Together), Organization of Chinese Americans, Asian Pacific Islander (API), and Asian Pacific AIDS Intervention Team (APAIT) that are briskly helping to change HIV/AIDS stigma. “They have been changing the conversation so much,” he elates, pulling his shirtsleeve up his arm. “It’s just refreshing these organizations exist!”

“You know I make stoner movies and love making people laugh, but at the same time I love making people think,” asserts Kal with exuberant genuineness, faintly googling, hinting of that familiar spirited “Kumar” gaze. “It’s great when artists can put meaningful conversations into a fictitious piece to help them better understand serious subjects.” He’s now fervent and gently revved. “If you’re a tourist in New York and you’re able to see a play like RENT, that may be the first time you’re coming face to face with something outside of a USA Today article. And for the first time you’re understanding what life must be like for somebody in that situation.”

Until November, Kal is serving as Obama’s campaign co-chair. He’ll travel around the country holding youth rallies. Don’t be surprised if he appears at your front door for support or if you see him at your local Whole Foods signing up people to vote. “A lot of the progress that Obama has made isn’t often talked about because it’s not particularly a sexy news story. For instance, the President raised the American opportunity tax credit, which gives more money back to you if you’re trying to pursue higher education. He also increased the Pell grant for low income people who couldn’t otherwise afford college.”

He sits up, holding the glass of water in one hand and remarks, “I’m not an alarmist by any means but I was a little bit or…,” he stops and corrects himself, “a lot upset to see that the entire platform of the Republican party was to roll back the progress the President’s made on marriage equality, Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, healthcare reform…everything.” He arches his thick brows, briefly peers out the picture window onto the neighbor’s roof. “They’re talking about getting rid of access to healthcare for two and a half million young people and millions of women. Well, what’ya going to put in its place?!,” he declares with restrained passion. “These are folks that can now afford to see a doctor and they’re in better health because of it. You’re going to kick them off of their plans? ‘I’m sorry that you have cancer.’ ‘I’m sorry that you’re HIV-positive.’ ‘You’ve got to fend for yourself.’” He shakes his head, replaces the glass of water and slowly scoots back onto the edge of the chair. “Having these conversations at the community level, I think, helps a lot of folks decide who to vote for. We’re just encouraging folks to understand that those are the stakes right now.”

A thoughtful look comes across his face. It fleetingly reminds me of Gogol, the rebellious coming-of-age character he so brilliantly played in the critically acclaimed film, The Namesake. Kal twists in my direction and props his hand up on his thigh. He eyes me directly. “I’m hardly an expert when it comes to HIV/AIDS. I’m hardly involved, and I should be more so,” he confesses, “but I have to say, ‘Hats off’ and props to the older folks for their advocacy. The younger generation has that to be thankful for. Some people I know are course and surly but are involved in their own way, even if it’s something as small as a Tweet. It’s that much in our psyche that it’s in everyday conversation.”

Kal smiles softly, his head nods in stern assurance, and he leans in closer. “That’s a great testament to the folks that have done the work to save lives up until now….” Releasing a short sigh, he concludes “…and simultaneously a testament to all the work that still needs to be done.”

KICKIN’ IT WITH KAL

Where is your favorite place to disappear to?

New York—and it’s my favorite city, too! [He smiles.]

What do you do to stay in health and harmony?
I to be vegetarian and I used to go to the gym six days a week. Then I worked in D.C. for two years, sat at a desk, and gained weight. Now that I’m back in L.A., I’m trying to work it off! So I’m going back to the gym and eating healthy; it’s much easier to do once you get a routine going. I like working out. You sleep better, you’re more creative, and you’re more driven. I like to run, too, around neighborhoods, treadmills, hiking and so on.

What’s your screen saver picture right now?
A photo of friends.

What do you believe happens after we die?
Oh my goodness. I don’t know. I don’t want to make something up. I think about it obviously…a lot.

Boxers, briefs, or thong?
Boxers. [Then Kal immediately asks] How about you?

Do you eventually want to get married, have kids …?
Yeah, I would love to have kids. I would love to get married. Right now, just having been in both of these worlds: D.C. for a couple of years, teaching before that, now back in L.A. my focus is…I’m so thankful that I can be creative now. I absolutely what I was doing in D.C. and was very thankful for being there. I’m getting older now and I do want to put down roots, but before marriage and kids, I want to navigate my life back to New York so I can be with my family. If I had a kid right now I’d be the worst father in the world!

Name one of your bad habits.
[He ponders.] I need better discipline in what I eat. [He nods.] Right now there are two pints of ice cream in my fridge. It’s terrible, I know. It’s not always there, but …

What’s your favorite film of all time?
I don’t have an all-time [favorite] but Dead Poet’s Society is in my top five.

What’s your favorite physical asset above the waist?
Eyes.

Name your favorite physical asset below the waist?
Knees. I have goofy looking knees. The knees are a hilarious part of the body, aren’t they?

Out of the many people you have met, is there one in particular who stands out the most?

My grandparents—definitely. Their legacy is something that I will always take with me.

PENN’S PALS
Kal reacts with one word upon hearing the name of his friends

Lisa Edelstein: strong
Kevin Spacey: fun
Olivia Wilder: brilliant
John Cho: hilarious
Ryan Reynolds: hilarious
Brandon Routh: warm
Barack Obama: inspiring
Ben Affleck: smart; well-read
Martin Sheen: incredible
Ashton Kutcher: hilarious & thoughtful
Neil Patrick Harris: awesome…awesome!
Hugh Laurie: eloquent
Jennifer Coolidge: loving
Keifer Sutherland: badass

http://aumag.org/wordpress/?p=4462#.UAnRv4M9JDU.twitter

АвгустаДата: Суббота, 21.07.2012, 11:38 | Сообщение # 207
Хьюманитарий

Quote (fistashka)
PENN’S PALS
Kal reacts with one word upon hearing the name of his friends

Lisa Edelstein: strong
Kevin Spacey: fun
Olivia Wilder: brilliant
John Cho: hilarious
Ryan Reynolds: hilarious
Brandon Routh: warm
Barack Obama: inspiring
Ben Affleck: smart; well-read
Martin Sheen: incredible
Ashton Kutcher: hilarious & thoughtful
Neil Patrick Harris: awesome…awesome!
Hugh Laurie: eloquent
Jennifer Coolidge: loving
Keifer Sutherland: badass

очень интересная реакция.

Человек на букву "Л" ©

АвгустаДата: Понедельник, 23.07.2012, 00:47 | Сообщение # 208
Хьюманитарий

BTS интервью для A&U mag

http://www.danndulin.blogspot.com/2012/06/dann-kelly-kumar.html

Человек на букву "Л" ©

fistashkaДата: Четверг, 26.07.2012, 12:17 | Сообщение # 209

Kal Penn Joins CBS' New Comedy Pilot Ex-Men

The House alum has joined the cast of Ex-Men, a comedy pilot from How I Met Your Mother's Rob Greenberg, TVGuide.com has learned.

The single-camera comedy focuses on a young guy (Paranormal Activity 3's Chris Smith) who finds camaraderie living among the more experienced men he meets in a short-term rental complex. Penn, a co-lead on the series, will play Gil, who was caught having the world's worst affair and now lives in the complex until he can convince his wife to take him back.

Penn is well-known for portraying Dr. Lawrence Kutner on Fox's House, along with playing one of the two titular roles in the Harold and Kumar franchise. His other credits include a stint on How I Met Your Mother as Robin's love interest Kevin, 24 and the lead in the comedy pilot Prairie Dogs, which failed to garner a pickup at ABC this season.

Greenberg will write and direct the pilot, with Eric and Kim Tannenbaum (Two and a Half Men) attached as executive producers.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Kal-Penn-Ex-Men-CBS-Pilot-1050488.aspx

И похожая статья на EW
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012....iles%29

fistashkaДата: Четверг, 06.09.2012, 02:30 | Сообщение # 210

Какая-то речь на предвыборном конгрессе DNC

Kal Penn Addresses The DNC, Charlotte, North Carolina - September 4 2012

Форум » Общий » Актеры сериала » Кэл Пенн (Доктор Катнер) (тема, посвященная этому актеру.)
Поиск:

Форма входа

Наш баннер

Друзья сайта

Smallville/Смолвиль
    Звёздные врата: Атлантида | StarGate Atlantis - Лучший сайт сериала.
    Анатомия Грей - Русский Фан-Сайт

House-MD.net.ru © 2007 - 2009

Данный проект является некоммерческим, поэтому авторы не несут никакой материальной выгоды. Все используемые аудиовизуальные материалы, размещенные на сайте, являются собственностью их изготовителя (владельца прав) и охраняются Законом РФ "Об авторском праве и смежных правах", а также международными правовыми конвенциями. Эти материалы предназначены только для ознакомления - для прочих целей Вы должны купить лицензионную запись. Если Вы оставляете у себя в каком-либо виде эти аудиовизуальные материалы, но не приобретаете соответствующую лицензионную запись - Вы нарушаете законы об Интеллектуальной собственности и Авторском праве, что может повлечь за собой преследование по соответствующим статьям существующего законодательства.